Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years 2012

We were pretty low key the New Years Eve. It was down to four of us since Blake had to go to his mothers that weekend. We had discussed our options and Cag and I agreed that we would be much better off staying home and off the roads (and not being out til 2 am) with a 4 month old. Who am I kidding though, we really aren't the "get dressed up and get a baby sitter to go out and party all night with a ton random people we don't know" kind of people. At least not since we have kids. We decided we like to ring in the New Year with our little lovelies, so that is just what we did!

We had some company. My sister and brother in law, Cag's brother and his wife and daughter, Cag's mom, and Cag's cousin and his wife and daughter all came over. We had a cozy little bonfire in my fire pit we got at Target on Black Friday! SCORE!

We shot off some fireworks. I am sure it was much to our neighbor's amusement. They had a display worth at least a thousand dollars. I am not exaggerating. Those are my kind of fireworks though. Let someone else go broke buying them all, sit in lawn chair at a very safe distance beside our warm and cozy fire, and enjoy :)

Lucas and Brooklyn enjoyed some sparklers of course...

I am sure that when we ring in 2013 we will be doing the exact same thing. Only wouldn't it be much cooler if New Years was in the summer so we could be floating in the pool? Right?

~Nicole

1 comment:

ACW said...

Looks like fun! Happy New Year!