Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

Every year, a few weeks before Halloween, we head to a local pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins. This year we tried a new one and we liked it a lot. Everything was free, all you had to do was pay for your pumpkin. The kids had a ball. We started out with a hay ride to the patch. Paisley pretty much did this the entire time. Too small to enjoy, maybe next year...

The boys on the hayride. They had the time of their lives.

My mom tagged along (thankfully) to take some pictures for us. We did a few family pics earlier in the day at my nanny's house. (Expect a post on that later).

The boys and I. I was grateful to have my moms help with the baby as well. It seems that for the last two months I haven't been able to spend as much time with them as I would like. Gee, wonder why that is? :)

The patch was so big. It took them forever to find three pumpkins.

My boys.

One thing I loved about this place was that it was an actual pumpkin PATCH. Most places around here now just have pumpkins lined up when you come in. They loved going out and searching for the perfect one. Made it much more interesting.

He's ready to hunt!

LOVE this picture. He was so happy he found this pumpkin.

He found his too...

Let me help dad!

Then they found the perfect one for their baby sister!

She woke up for a little bit to enjoy some of the festivities herself.

On the hayride back. She loves being in motion, so she didn't mind this at all.

The tire swing was a hit with the boys.

This horse swing was so cute. Lucas was all over it, he stayed on forever.

Don't crash! They did this and cracked up every time they came close to eachother.

First time on a tire swing and loving it.

Mining is a big thing here. They had a ton of gems and things for sale.

Dad and son sharing in the mining experience. Cag thought this was so neat.

I can do it too mom!

There was a hay maze for the smaller kids. Lucas loved it.

The only catch was that you could not make any left turns. Cagney was determined, but ultimately gave up and cheated just so we could go to dinner.

I love how Lucas is staring at him like "Really dad? Are you lost??"

We did love this place, but next year I hope we can go to another one I have heard of. It is a little farther away, but I would love to go to the Apple Festival that goes on down the road from it. Maybe we could make a day trip out of it. Who knows?

Now the boys are ready for next weekend to carve jack-o-lanterns!

~Nicole

No comments: