Monday, November 26, 2012

Move it Monday 11-26-12

So, Thanksgiving week sucks for anyone trying to lose weight. Period. I am not going to pretend like I did amazing because I didn't. The truth? I cute myself some slack. My diet is something that I want so badly to be so good at. When life shoves Thanksgiving in your face I think you just have to throw your hands up and eat the darn food. Am I right? I have found that if I torture myself I always blow it. So I did Thanksgiving the right way. I did not bring home any left overs though. Yay me!

This past week I was on Week 4 of the c25k program. I usually do the c25k training on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I only did Monday this week. We were super busy. I know, no excuses!
I think I am going to start week 4 over today. Wanna know what is crazy? I am signed up for a 5k on December 8th. I am on week 4 mind you. I am doing it with a pretty awesome group of girls. Most of them are way more experienced runners than I am. I have decided that I am just going to go at my own pace. I obviously do not intend to run the entire thing. I know that I can complete it distance-wise so I am down for it... I think :)



If you have any tips on really good tasting snacks or meals that are very low calorie, feel free to leave a comment. I am always looking for new ideas.









Linking Up:

The Domestic Wannabe

4 comments:

ACW said...

Just so you know, you are doing an amazing job!

I cannot wait to do the 5k! I am sure that you will be amazing!

Ashley said...

I bet you will surprise yourself at the 5k. Adrenaline will get you going, and even if you don't run the whole thing I bet it will go better than you expect.

A couple of snacks I loved when I was trying to be really low calorie (and should bust out again because why not) was either a low cal tortilla spread with a laughing cow cheese wedge and a few slices of deli turkey rolled up, or salsa mixed with a chipolte laughing cow cheese wedge eaten with carrots or whatever other veggie you might like to eat with salsa.

You're doing a great job, this is a tough journey. Stick with it!

Elizabeth said...

I'm a new follower to your blog & just wanted to thank you for sharing! I've been needing that little push to get started (and complete) the c25k plan & I've just found it. But I'm curious, do you usually run outside or on a treadmill?

Nicole said...

Thank you all!

Elizabeth- I just recently bought a used, cheap treadmill from craigslist. It's too hard to go with all of the kids when my husband is working. I plan on purchasing a nicer one sometime next year. I do love to be outdoors though. Any day that I can go outside is better!

Ashley- Thanks for the snack ideas. You are looking amazing!! Just glowing :)