Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Most Laid Back 4th of July Ever!

I'm a few days late, but I honestly do not have much to say about this years 4th of July. We had big plans to head to the lake and let the kids play on a giant water slide while eating some amazing food with family and friends... but none of that happened. Instead, it rained ALL. DAY. It has rained for a week straight here and the 4th was no exception. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby with my mom and then went to the grocery store alone to get the ingredients for frito pies since there was no way to cook out. I did make a double chocolate Coca Cola cake for the first time and it was by far the best cake I have ever made. True Story. :) The rain let up just enough right after dark for us to go play in the drive way (the ground is a sopping mess) and watch some of the neighbors fireworks. We broke out the sparklers and took some pictures. 

The kids did not even wear their 4th of July attire because it was just a lazy, do nothing day... but they did put it on to head to my grandparents for another 4th of July cookout on Saturday. It rained SO hard the entire time so we just all sat under the awning and ate. I did not get any pictures of all the cute kiddos due to the rain and trying keep all of them contained. Maybe next year we will have some beautiful weather...




No comments: